When I got off of work this past Friday it was just to rainy and cold to try to get to the grocery store. I went home for a wee toes up instead.
I had my list of things to get accomplished this past weekend and it was a roaring success. We did the grocery shop Saturday morning before the rains came. Then home to finish the laundry and attempt to do a bit of mending. After all I spend a lot of time stitching, why should the hem be dragging in most of my slacks? I cut the shirt tails off of two blouses so they would have more of a jacket look since I wear them over a turtleneck instead of tucked in. Of course I did not have the EXACT thread to hem one of them. I was stitching them on the machine and I didn't have anything any where close. That meant a stop at the shop this morning on the way to work. I can finish that next weekend.
Saturday afternoon Joan stopped by with a gift for me. It was delightful to see her. I took the gift upstairs to get a picture but so far I have not done so yet. Perhaps tomorrow.
I did not go upstairs yesterday or again this morning. I had things downstairs calling my name instead. By bedtime Saturday night the house was clean, the laundry all done and we had a nice Sunday ahead.
Sunday brought wind and lashing rain. It was good to know that we could stay in. Lu came by for brunch on Sunday. I lit all the candles in the living room and turned on soft music. Lem cooked. He usually cooks breakfast on Sunday. After she left I sat and quilted and Lem sat and computed. I have the outside row of blocks completed on two sides. Two sides to go and then the two borders.
The Hour a Day quilt is on the floor upstairs waiting for me to add the border of blocks to it and the last four borders after that. I am half way through the handwork on Block Nine of Leanne's House. Seems as though there will be several finishes here soon.
Sunday it rained hard all day long.
Gosh, that sounds like a nice weekend. We have our Sunday morning ritual: over breakfast we make a menu for the coming week and then a shopping list. In the afternoon I usually go shopping for the week for perishables.
ReplyDelete