Thursday, September 10, 2009

Changing My Mind

Here I am, all set to get this top quilted............ Well, it is a heavy top because of all the seams. I just can't seem to get a good stitch on it. I wanted to do a straight line diagonally through the solid block in each direction. I had 1/3 of one side done........ It pulled on the block and just did not look good to me. I stopped and took out all that I had put in...... I want to learn to hand quilt with a hoop. I can do just fine with out one but I am told that I really need to use a hoop and rock my needle. I got my lap hoop out and began. I have such a hard time holding that hoop on my lap. The next step will be to get the hoop on a stand out and begin again. I have Aunt Becky's little gizmo and I will give it a try once again.... I just don't understand why I have such problems with this. I just can't seem to get comfortable trying to hang onto a hoop.

Lem will take the machine back upstairs for me some time today. Vickie said she would give me private quilting lessons........


The next thing to enjoy upstairs is my Bears in the Farmyard. I got it out and discovered that I did not have all of the directions. I have no idea what happened to me on that one. Right away I went to Judy's Blog and ordered the instructions. The next thing I need to do is to make 86 HST's. By the time I get that done the instructions should be here.

I have half of them finished already........


And here is the fabric for the other half.. I did discover yesterday that using a rotary cutter for more that 20 minutes is something I cannot do. This morning, I cut a bit and stitched a bit and pressed a bit before I trimmed a bit. It takes longer but that is fine. This is a journey, not a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10