Tuesday, May 12, 2009

We Are...

up early this morning. The realtor called yesterday afternoon and asked if someone could look at the house today at 2:30.

We both get just a bit excited but I am trying not to.

While my husband is really wonderful, he tends to see a problem in everything. Remember they are not coming until this afternoon and I agreed to come home for an hour to make sure all was well but he started putting things away. Like the laundry basket downstairs beside the washing machine instead of in the bathroom where we keep it for convenience. Yes, we will need to put our dirty clothes in it this morning so he had to go back downstairs to get it.

I have been awake since 4:00 AM but did not get up until 5:00. I went upstairs to make sure everything was put away in the studio. He got up earlier than usual and now wants to "get the house" ready. Well, we vacuumed and dusted and did all the laundry on Saturday. Just how bad can it be. Really now.

The dishwasher is running and as soon as I finish this post I will fix lunches and polish the top of the stove. Everything else is really last minute, putting the dog crate and all the dog beds (they have one for each room) in the car. Putting the bedspread for SHOW on the bed with the quilt folded on the bottom . Shining the sink with Sheila Shine. Putting the children in the car and then leaving the house while someone looks at it. They aren't even coming until 2:30 - eight hours from now. Think we can be ready?

3 comments:

  1. Suze -- thanks to your inspiration I made one of the Lazy Girl wallets. And, it turned out just right! YEA. Good luck with the home showing. Luckily, we sold our big house a year and a half ago.... housing market was slow but the bottom hadn't fallen out of everything. I'm working on positive thoughts for you! Good luck. Spring is a big real estate time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, sounds like you are pretty ready! Good luck, I hope it sells quickly for you. Stressful to keep a home "show" ready all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck! Hope all went well
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10