Wednesday, May 27, 2009

At Last a Stitch or Two

Yesterday morning I finally got upstairs to do a bit of stitching. I began working on the second Stash Quilt designed by Judy Laquidara of Patchwork Times fame. I got all the pieces cut and it was time to dress for work.


Then the phone rang and it was the realtor asking to show the house at 1:30. That meant calling in late and getting all of our personal things put away.

Now I have two empty plastic totes for the dog things. One for their beds and one for the sheets we put down to protect the floors. The shopping bag of toys and all their food dishes go in the garage. Wade's crate is folded up and put in the garage. Ahhh... the house is ready and I am off to work.

This morning I went back upstairs and got all the colored bits put together.




Then I finished four sashing strips in order to get one row together. I can hardly believe I actually made that. Yes I am a great Judy Laquidara fan. Her patterns are easy to follow. The way she puts things together make it look much more complicated than it really is. What can I say, she just makes me look good and who doesn't like that.


Maybe by tomorrow at this time I will have all four rows done.

3 comments:

  1. Sooner or later that house will sell and you'll get your new one built and life will return to normal. Love your fabrics for the stash quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! What Judy said! Your fabrics look great. That will be a nice looking quilt. I hope your house sells soon. What a hassle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great row!
    It's going to be a very happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10