Monday, April 14, 2008

A Visit With Vickie

Saturday I went to Vickies. The plan was to pin baste a quilt for me to machine quilt. I am stacking up layered quilt tops in anticipation of learning how to machine quilt. So far all I have done is read about machine quilting and layer quilts. One day soon however I will have to put my toe in the water and get something done.

This is one of Vickie's well loved quilts................. Can't you tell.......... This quilt has history, this quilt has memories. She tells me now that it is used for picnics and other outdoor events. More memories in the making.







This is my basted, ready to quilt siggy top. It is from 2005, my first swap. Soon after I began quilting in 2004 I discovered Dear Jane and the rest is history, as they say.



After the arduous task of all those pins it was time for tea. What a wonderful day we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10