Every day when I pass this tree on the way home from work I think to myself that I really need to get a picture. I am glad that I finally took it yesterday. We are having rain today and I am sure most of the blossoms are gone. Orleans is really a lovely town. Quite picturesque.

Last night I cut out the pieces for my Dear Jane block. I even managed to get two pieces put together. I hope to finish it tonight. This is such a relaxing hobby.
This morning I got my 44 parts made for part three of Orange Crush. Bonnie is giving two weeks between clues so I will have some time to get other things caught up.
I found the fabric for my Nine Patch and got the setting blocks cut this morning. I am actually starting to put this quilt together.
Wow, that is lovely tree to view each day! Looks like your blocks are shaping up nicely. And you are already done with step 3! Good for you!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see that block. There are so many pieces when they're laid out like that!
ReplyDeleteI have to get that block prep too for handpiecing. It sure looks like there are a lot of tiny pieces... not looking forward to do this block.
ReplyDeleteGreat job getting Step 3 done on the mystery. I'm lagging behind, still on step 2... only 10 blocks done.
What a fantastic tree! You caught it at just the right time.
ReplyDeletePretty tree and pretty block. I took a pick of my neighbor's tree last year because it was so beautiful. She has a pink one. Things will be pretty today after all that rain. Hope you are quilt guild on Thu.
ReplyDeleteMy goodness that DJ block looks complicated! I can't wait to see it finished.
ReplyDeleteYou certainly have been busy!! Is what you are doing with your Dear Jane pieces is drawing a line on the fabric and lining the freezer paper templates along the line? I think that is such a good idea - I just put mine on the fabric helter skelter. I bet you get much better use of the fabric and more straight grain. I think I will have to start doing that. I draw a cutting line around the entire piece plus a sewing line. No wonder this is so slow!!
ReplyDelete