On Friday, after work, Lem and I went to the Big City. That would be Hyannis, MA. Only 20 miles away but much more traffic than we are accustom to here in Orleans. We avoid going as much as possible, but on Friday I was to meet one of the members of my Cyber Quilt Bee. She was visiting the Cape for a few days and we made arrangements to meet at a LQS near where she was staying. They have a back room where all the fabric is $4.59 a yard. It is one of my favorite places to look for backing fabric. Since we were going to Hyannis anyway I thought I would check out what was there. I found the perfect fabric. It is a nice soft pumpkin color with gold leaves traced on it. This is going to be such a wonderful quilt.
That is SO Pretty :) xoxo melzie
ReplyDeleteThe fabric you bought are lovely. I am looking forward to see your alternating blocks. I will soon start my daily hour on the Watermelon quilt.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous back and the leaves look super, too!!
ReplyDeleteThat fabric is so pretty! What a find!
ReplyDeleteIs that backing for your leaf quilt? It isn't just gorgeous, its perfect for those leaves! Lucky you.
ReplyDeleteThat fabric is a great find. It is so right for a leaf quilt.
ReplyDeleteOH! What a Blessing! To find this fabric that is so perfect for your quilt. I can't wait to see the finished product and the pictures of the tree it will be named after.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great find!! I am hoping to find a great backing fabric like that for my autumn quilt in my travels tomorrow..going north for the day where there are some good quilt shops!! That one is just perfect. Your quilt is going to be lovely!!!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is going to be great!!
ReplyDeleteLove the fabric. It's a great color! This is for the leaf Hour a Day quilt?
ReplyDeleteToo funny - you MUST be from Cape Cod to call Hyannis "the Big City" - same as my Dad.
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Evelyn