Friday, August 18, 2006

Time to Stitch at Last

The day is drawing to a close and I have time to stitch. I usually start each day with an hour of sewing but today I had a friend in for breakfast before we went off to work.

Did errands after work. DH was supposed to cook but he forgot....... Oops........ I started a couple of potatoes baking and we walked to the local butcher shop for a couple of chops. Yes, WALKED. It is only 1/2 mile round trip but I am very out of condition. He is so good to drag me along even when I grumble. I suppose he really wants me to be around longer.

Tonight I will be appliquing a block for a swap and working on the heart blocks that DD and I will be trading. I might even get to knit on the Blue Socks for an hour and get another star on my card.

The weather is mild so the windows are open. The sounds of summer are filtering in to keep us company. I can hear the band at a near by eatery and children playing in the yard next door. Here I sit with my tea and a good book on tape.

So many blessings from God today that I cannot even count...............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10