Tuesday, June 06, 2017

What Happened to May?

I did not realize just how busy I had been in May...... 

Staying off the computer gives me more time to sew.......

I finished six tea towels...  I gave away five of them before I got a picture.... 

This one was for Kim for Mothers Day.........  I like to make my own blank towels so that I can add the scalloped border.........  I can get four tea towels from one yard of fabric.  Recently purchased four yards of Kona Snow....  Hoping to get a few more ready to stitch for the Fourth.



Katie's stepmother hosted a baby shower for her on Memorial Day....  She was kind enough to include me in the preparation.  It was in Georgia so I was unable to attend but I did make a few things for the baby....  One little knitted bib.


I also made six receiving blankets with her name embroidered on them and a bakers dozen burp pads.  
Again I failed to get a picture......


Found this at Hobby Lobby for 50% off.........  Just perfect for our little princess.
 

This was also from Hobby Lobby.  It plays Peek-a-boo with the baby..........


Baked four dozen cookies shaped like elephants and three dozen cheese cookies.......


I am getting better at making cut out cookies.......  Next to learn will be royal icing.



A dear friend is facing chemo and the loss of her hair.......  Made a chemo cap for her.



And it is reversible.



Took a class on making a shaded four patch block........  Making another table runner...... 


Computer time is over for the day.......  Now on to the house blessing.........

2 comments:

  1. House blessing! I recognize that...love your projects, and the chemo caps are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects. I know I spend too much time on the computer, when I could be sewing instead.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10