Friday, June 16, 2017

Cutting Up

My fabric is stored upstairs in totes according to color....  That wasn't working for me.  I need it sorted by size........

Several months ago I started bring it downstairs one tote at a time and putting it in one, two, three, and more yard sections on the bookcase.

On this shelf are the less than one yard pieces......  I gave some thought to cutting this fabric into usable sizes but when it came time to put scissors to fabric I always hesitated.  What if I needed a 2/3 yard piece and I had cut it into smaller pieces.........

I have a backlog of hand work so instead of creating more this morning I began cutting...




Doesn't look like much progress but this did take an hour.  Looks like maybe five more hours to go..




Now I have a stack of fat quarters on the left, followed by a stack of 10 inch squares, and 2 1/2 inch strips on the upper row.

Next there are the charms, 1 1/2 inch strips, 2 inch strips with 3/4 inch strips and 1 inch strips on the front......

Years ago I followed Bonnie Hunter's method of saving fabric...  There have been many quilts made from my drawers of pre-cut fabrics.  In fact the log cabins I am making now are all from my drawer of scraps......



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10