Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Slowly I Progress

This quilt has a history......... 
Thirty eight years ago the fabric in this quilt was used for a dress........ 
My dear daughter needed a formal but could not pick a color..........  It was for a Rainbow Girl event so we went with the colors of the rainbow......

Peasant style top with a ruffled shirt....  The top had a ruffle of indigo, the bodice was blue, and each ruffle after that on the skirt was a different color from the rainbow.......  She wore it with a large hoop skirt.....  It was made out of cotton so it had lasting power..........  The question was always how could we recycle the material and make something lasting......

Then I began quilting............  The dress soon became a quilt..........  A warm hug for my daughter wherever she went..........

It was used and washed for years but remember this was an early project.........  I used poly batting and tacked it only in the center of each block.......  After all that washing the batting of course shifted because of lack of quilting..........  She gave it back to me FIX............

At last I have taken it apart, pressed it and will use the original backing to add a border so I will have the extra needed to send it to the long arm quilter..........  I have purchased more backing and if I can get it ready I can send it to be quilted in February............

Then it will go to my granddaughter to give her warm hugs from her mother and me........





The stitching is done......  What now?........  Pillow or frame?......  Decisions, decisions....




Another project completed..........  Two holiday returns and one gift..........  My dear neighbor will take these to the post office for me.......


I could not possibly survive without my friends that shop for me.........  Their help allows me to stay with Lem and care for him.........  Thank you to all of you............

2 comments:

  1. How precious is the story of that quilt! I'm sure your granddaughter will treasure it!
    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that you have nearby friends who can help you out. I vote for a pillow from your stitchery. How pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10