Thursday, September 03, 2015

It Has Been Awhile


But Wade Hamilton tore his ACL and needed surgery.......  At the same time Lem had some problems that required many trips to the Dr.

Tomorrow is what I hope will be our last day out for awhile............

Marilyn and Georgina even stepped in when their appointments were in conflict......  I have the best neighbors and friends in this world.......

I haven't been in the studio in so long I think I might have forgotten how to sew..........

I did get one quilt in the mail........  This was a Knit A Long from Crazy Mom Quilts HERE...  I made three of them....  Two green and this one.....  It was an enjoyable quilt to make and I appreciate that she shared her design.........  This one went to a dear sister-in-law.........



And here is the new addition to our home.....  We had to have a ramp put in for Lem....  This makes it so much safer for him to get in and out of the house.......



This is a picture of my morning greeters......  They have even come on the porch to wake us if we don't feed them early each morning......  We feed 22 mallards and 2 white ducks each morning.....  They are so enjoyable to watch........



I got out the Nativity once more.......  I really want to hang this in our home and that will only happen if I get it finished.......  I am trying to give it one hour each morning......  Doesn't always work but maybe one day I will have it finished...........



Jean's socks........  The second pair.......  I am pleased to have both pairs completed.....  Now I have begun knitting Bill's socks.......



I tried a pair of Kollage square needles. ..   True to their advertisement they are easier on the hands than round ones.......  I get a much more even stitch with them and can knit longer at a sitting.....
They are made in the USA which is an added bonus for me...... If you try them remember to check gauge because you might to go up a needle size......

1 comment:

  1. I much prefer working with square needles too! If you like the Kollage square needles, try the Knitters Pride Cubix. They are available in metal and wood, and their points aren't quite as sharp as the newer Kollage squares. (I found the Kollage needles made in the USA to be needle sharp and wasn't as happy with them as when they were made overseas.) the Knitters Pride are available in interchangeable circular sets, fixed circs, pretty much every size you could want and very reasonably priced too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10