Monday, September 07, 2015

Design Wall Monday


This just is not working for me......  Not liking it at all............


Nope.......  Not this one either




Also rejected............  Back to the drawing board.............  Surely I can come up with something.......  Any suggestions would be welcome.......  I have four fabrics and plenty of yardage...  The goal is a baby quilt............  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Check out Patchwork Times HERE to see what else is being sewn around the world............. 

4 comments:

  1. Disappearing 4 patch is one of my favorite blocks. Your fabrics are great. What if you alternated the colors in the last photo... blue, green, blue, green, etc. in row 1. Then green, blue,etc. in row 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe try sashing the blue and green blocks with the orange, don't know it that will work but I also know how frustrating it is when a plan just doesn't come together. keep trying

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this were mine, I'd make a few more blocks in different but harmonious colors with the same white. Then I'd cut a couple inches off the outsides of each block, swap the cut parts/colors around, and piece the blocks back together. It would come out very scrappy with consistent units in the centers of the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first layout, but what if you tried offsetting each row? So that the seam from one row falls right in the middle of the block below it. Just an idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10