Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Works in Progress


I was supposed to work on this project last winter but it seemed to take a back seat to other adventures..........

Decided to make it my Major Project and worked on it daily till other deadlines loomed ahead....

I report that four rows are completely quilted including the border......


With only 9 rows left to do........  Thankfully a good portion of the center is done and I only have 32 blocks left to quilt and the border of course...


Right now that is put aside and I need to finish this red and white quilt.......  My high school class is having a reunion in June and they have and auction...  Someone asked if I would make a quilt......  Little do they understand the number of hours there is in making a quilt.....

I remembered putting this to one side some time ago and realized that it was almost complete....  Just needed to assemble the rows and quilt it.........  Since our colors were red and white it is most appropriate...
 
Found it this morning and it will be the Studio project of the week.....  Looking forward to a finish in the near future..........




The hand work in the family room is finishing the wallets..........  I used the pattern that Hanne uses and it is much easier to assemble than the other wallet I usually make.  Realized that I will not have enough snaps so I will be digging around in my stash for a few more.........I am sure I can find something that will work....




On another note........  Marilyn took a picture of the eggs laid in her flower bed by the ducks we feed.....

There are 31 of them.........  Maybe the hawks won't get them all this year.............



Now off to get those rows assembled...........


1 comment:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful!! I love how you did the border. I haven't worked on mine in ages.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10