Friday, April 24, 2015

A Happy Ending...

Hurray.......  Eighteen are done.......  That is half way.............  Only eighteen more snaps to sew on.....

Worked on them a bit yesterday but did not finish......  Well, that is another story that will be at then end of this post.....





Started making the two bags I need for the Guild......... One is close to being finished.......



Stopped to help Lem with his shower and to a head start on the dinner I was planning......

There was a pork roast on sale at Food Lion......I always check their meat counter.....  If something is close to the sale by date it is marked down.......  I got a three pound pork roast for five dollars......  I either freeze the meat immediately using my food saver or cook it right away.......  Decided to cook the pork roast.....
Found a recipe on Mr Food (HERE)...  

It was for cranberry glazed pork roast.........  Delicious......  Several meals there and it would already be cooked......... I got a package of sweet potatoes out of the freezer and fixed a casserole.....  Opened a can of collards.  Put them in a small casserole dish and I could get dinner finished in 20 minutes...   Then went out to mow the yard......

The golf cart is parked behind the lawnmower because we use it more......  Till this year........  We have a flat tire and the linkage is slipping so it does not always go.........  I pulled it out of the garage to mow the grass...
Got the grass cut and decided to put the golf cart in first.......  It would not go.....  Tried to push.....  Hard to do with a flat tire..........  Called Jason and asked it he would stop by to give me a hand........or maybe a push.

He stopped by and sat for awhile till Kim got home from work.........   Rebekah called and asked if she could come over.......Rebekah arrived, Kim stopped by and I suggested we all try that pork roast.......

Opened another can of collards, put biscuits in the oven and we had a wonderful family meal.......

Impromptu gatherings seem to be the best.........






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10