Saturday, August 16, 2014

Turkey Bone Gumbo


Last Thanksgiving I saved my turkey carcass.........  My sister had given me a recipe for Turkey Bone Gumbo..............

At long last I found time to make the soup.......


Easy....Easy.....Easy.........

You don't even have to chop much.........  Just cut the onions in half, add carrots and celery including the tops.........Simmer for 2-3 hours while you do something else.......

Strain the whole thing, remove the turkey from the bones and mash the carrots..........

Add a few other ingredients (it did not call for okra but I added okra to mine, after all is is my soup)....

Three quarts in the freezer waiting for winter.........

Since I got the food saver I find it is so easy to cook ahead..........  I watch the sales on meats then come home and do a lot of cooking.......  Put it in food saver bags and I have excellent meals ready to eat.........



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10