Friday, June 27, 2014

On the Needles Friday

In 2010 I downloaded a pattern I found on LouAnn's Loose Threads site.......  (you can find it HERE)

I began one but had not knit enough socks to have a variety of colors so I put it aside.......

A few weeks ago my sister sent me a picture of a completed blanket shown in a shop window......  That made me want to hunt up a few more balls of sock yarn and my blanket.......  I still do not have enough for good variety so I will just have to knit more socks.........



Sad little thing isn't it.........  While adding a few more I realized that a blanket was NOT in my future but I now envision a vest......  Not sure exactly how I will make it but time will tell.........



Found quarter to give you an idea of the size of each square............

Now head over to Patchwork times and see what others are needling.......HERE

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Thank you for sharing the blanket pattern! It is gorgeous. This will be gorgeous as a vest, too. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow! I can see why you changed your mind about a blanket LOL!!! Love the variety and colors :) It will be interesting to see how you work that into a vest - it will be lovely.

Judy S. said...

That will make a fun and colorful vest! Good decision!

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10