Monday, December 02, 2013

Design Wall Monday

On Monday morning Judy at Patchwork Times hosts Design Wall Monday......HERE

Sometimes I too have something on the design wall that hasn't been there for months......

I always look around to see what others are doing............  That is what gets you into trouble..........

Patricia at Dogwood Rambles posted about placemats that she had made one Monday.  You can find her post  HERE.....

I was lured by the idea of four placemats from four fat quarters......... I then went upstairs in search of fabric...

I found two fats and two pieces of yardage that I likes..........  Came down stairs and the fun began.........

Since I was using yardage for two fabrics I was able to make a candle mat to match and four coasters........

That led to four hemstitched napkins......











That led to a call to my sister asking her to buy four fat quarters for her own placemats.....  Stitched them together and back upstairs to look for yardage for the backing and binding........  Found a piece with enough fabric for the binding and four matching napkins.......



While that was going on in the studio I was stitching this cute little item from an old Love of Quilting magazine I happened to pick up........This was in the May/June issue of 2012........



I have also knit three of those easy fluffy scarves and half finished the left front of Jean's sweater..........

Check out Patchwork Times today and see what you can find...........

5 comments:

  1. Yes internet inspirations are the devil. Love the place mats, so festive. Looks like I've another one to add to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects... love that little quilt with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great placemats. Your little quilt is super.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, I love all of these as usual...placemat idea needs to be shared at Guild!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little quilt! So perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10