Monday, October 14, 2013

The New and Improved Studio

I have been unhappy with the studio for some time.......  It seemed to be a gathering place for whatever I did not want to find a home for now...........  When I wanted to sew I had to spend a day clearing it up to make room for the next impulse....................

This is the door into the room from the room side........  As you can see there are three projects hanging on the door alone.....  To the right is a pocket organizer with a dozen or more things I want to do NEXT.......


This is the chair that got the whole thing started......  A comfortable chair to sit in while I take out seams I sewed in wrong..........  Or whatever I want to sit to do.......  Yes, those are the closet doors to the right..... 


Behind those doors reside enough to keep me busy till the end of 2014............  Not that I will finish any of them any time soon..............


I removed the eight foot table I was using for a cutting table.........  By putting my spool cabinet on a stool I was able to use it for a table..........All the things that were on the cutting board are now on that funky bookcase I purchased at auction last month..........




The sewing machines sit in the corner and I can put the one I am using on the table while the other wait their turn.

Design wall still there........

The six foot table was under the picture........  It has been replaced with the bureau that was replaced by the chair.............  That bureau contains enough to keep me busy till 2015..........

The six foot table went into the center of the room with my three drawer units below..........  This is a perfect cutting area..........



I can sew and watch the lake or cut out and watch the lake.........


This basket contains the flannel for the upcoming project...........


The last two of Georgina's blankets turned and ready to press and topstitch..........

On top of the three drawer organizers are projects that have precedent. 
The tray with the items needed to make knitted beaded tassels......

Materials for making the Christmons............

The latest BOM from Temecula Quilt Co.


Flannel for the burp pads............

The material for Emma's Quilt............


The scraps for the current Leader/Ender project


The fabric selected for the Temecula bow tie challenge...........


Now that the room is ready lets get some sewing done..................





No comments:

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10