Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The week began with


a problem right from the start........  My week to teach at Sunday School and I go out to find that the car will not start...........  Called Rebekah and she brought her car to me............  I left her with instructions to call her brother and get my car going..........  Jason came and jumped it for me and left a message that a new battery was in my near future or I would find myself in Kinston with a car that would not start and that I had left my cell phone at home AGAIN.........................

Then off to Happy's for the auction.........  Marilyn joined us and we had a grand time.......  I did buy a few things........  Pictures later............

  Jason was good enough to come by while I was gone to watch the race with his father............ 

Marilyn and I them went to Greenville to get flannel for Georgina........  Stopped at McDonalds on the way home for dinner.......... 

On the go all day and I was completely done in............  Nice evening at home with Lem.........   But before I went to bed I had to make up my sour dough bread............  A friend gave me some starter......  I had killed mine right before we moved and was glad to have more.................

Monday morning found me making up the loaves and getting them set to rise........  Then deadhead the roses....  pull the few weeds that were peeping up in the garden when I noticed that I should mow the grass in case it rained the next day.......... 




On Monday afternoon we meet at Marilyn's...........  Some of us do needlework and some don't.........  Doesn't really matter........  We just enjoy getting together.......... 


Elsie is working on a needlepoint .................  
It is called The Creation......There are six of them in all and yes I rushed home and ordered one for myself...............


Rebekah brought her knitting but decided to take that time to rest and recover from the constant unpacking.......

Fleming and Cassie joined us.........  Cassie is working on a shawl and Fleming joins us to bring cheer.

Marilyn is working on a prayer shawl................  I took the picture before she got out her knitting.........


For dinner we had BBQ pork ribs, rice and garden peas.........  Then I worked on my needlepoint until bedtime............. 

Today is another day and has already started off with a bang.........  More later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10