Monday, June 24, 2013

Happy's.............

Friday Marilyn and I went to HAPPY'S ANTIQUES AND EMPORIUM...........

Many of the items in this cabinet came from Happy's........  The quilts came from me and not all of them are finished but them in there regardless.............



I have been looking for something for the front porch........  Here it is.......  A wreath stand.....  I plan to paint it black, add a sign that says WELCOME and add ivy around the base and around the sides.....

The bird will be painted red with perhaps some trim......  Not really sure.........



I have always admired these finials in other peoples houses but never had any myself........  Found these three for $10.00 and they came home with me.......  Not quite sure where they will end up but I will be moving them around till they find the right home...........





Marilyn and I went on Friday to get the details for the auction they were having on Sunday at One......

Yes, we did go.........  I got these two teapots for the small sum of $5.00........  At $2.50 each I could not leave them there..........

This  bowl I purchased from the store.........  Sad to say that while I was getting the car closer to load things into the trunk the handle on the top of this dish got broken.........  Therefore I sat it on top of a book on the top shelf and you really cannot see that it is damaged............




These five pieces were purchased for the grand total of $5.00.......  I needed a new pot and I am delighted to get these........


I also purchased a hand crocheted bedspread for $20.00 but I gave it to Rebekah on the way home.......

I got a 7'x9' rug for the dining room.......  Not sure what it looks like but the background is burgundy and it went for $80.00..........When Jason goes for my China Cabinet he can bring it home too....... 

That will mean that the dining room will be mostly finished except for curtain rods, curtains, centerpiece flowers, and candles....

Oh, I almost forgot......  an odd set of plates with two cups........  They were old and they were lovely and now they live here.........

Looking forward to my next trip to Happy's...............




3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a pretty successful treasure hunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan... WOW... I love your things that you got at "Happy's" ... When I get out there I will have to go again... I just love the place... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10