Monday, March 11, 2013

Design Wall Monday

Two finishes this week.........  Lucinda's Gift is complete at last...I began it in 2011 as a Quilt Along and got the top done and then put it aside........  Well, it is finally quilted and bound.........  It was mailed Friday to my granddaughter and she should get it tomorrow....... 


The next big finish was completing the final block for Leanne's House.......  I loved making this quilt.  A good mix of piecing, applique and embroidery........  Each block assembled quickly until the last half of the last block...... We moved........Twice.......  Its parts got separated.......  Thanks to the encouragement of Judy at Patchwork Times I gathered it all together and finished the last block........  Now to find some one to quilt it for me..........  I don't mind confessing that my hand quilting is abysmal at best and I want something special on this quilt that will enhance the embroideries........

Check out Patchwork Times HERE for other things being made around the world.....  There will also be a Quilt Along starting on Friday..........  I have my fabric and I am ready.....

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you did the outer blocks on the first quilt. Those red squares look like stepping stone around the blocks. Your second quilt is amazing. I so happy you were able to find all the pieces from the moves and put them all together. Love that quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately all my UFOs stay together and just laugh at me!

    I like both your quilts, great job on the finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your lovely finishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10