Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Beginning

My friend Peg has the greatest studio.........  Her cutting table and sewing machine are in one room and all of her fabric is in another........  That means that in her studio is only the project she is completing......  It is also decorated with her special mementos and even a rocking chair to sit in to sew........  Her cutting table is a cabinet with storage for implements and she has a desk with her sewing machine on it......  It is a lovely place to sew with lovely things for the eye to rest on and no added distractions that make you want to do the next project instead of finishing the one on hand.........  Perhaps that is why she gets so much accomplished.

I have decided to tackle my studio........  The first thing is the double closet.  I thought it would be a good place to put the filing cabinet but that was not a good idea......  I have three ten drawer rolling cabinets that I purchased once a month for the past three months and as soon as my son can he will take the filing cabinet out and I can put the rolling cabinets there instead.......  Next I will want a framed pegboard to hang over the cabinets...........

This was the view yesterday................
 



This is the view today......I everything out and now have a large stack of things to go upstairs and three bags of trash..........


In the area on either side I plan to make two bookcases with adjustable shelves........  Not sure how to do that but as soon as Jason will take me to Lowes in his truck I will be coming home with lumber.....


  

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great plan! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan... I just went through all my quilting things and started to orgnize my storrage area... You have a great plan and I can't wait to see it finished... It is great to get idea's from friends... Have fun.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a real organizer too - just have to get to it and once done, it is so much fun to sit and sew. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10