Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Last Plants

 Yesterday Lem and I went to Plant and See for the last plants we are going to purchase this season....  I might get a few perennials in then fall but for now this is all I want to plant............  I can't get them in the ground today because of the rain........  We have had intermittent rain all week but today is a nice steady rain........  Parts of the yard are soaked and have standing water........  I might not get to mow the grass till Monday or Tuesday.............  Then I will have a lot of weeding to do.......  I also have 7 bags of mulch left to spread.........  I will be getting more mulch all summer long.........  I want to get the flower beds around the house marked and mulched to be ready for next spring........... 

 We also picked up this hanging basket for the front yard............  Lem has it on the porch along with everything else that might blow.......  Beryl has been downgraded to a Tropical Depression but one never knows........  She could go back out to sea and grow in strength again so he is ready..........

Fleming stopped by for a brief visit since she was out walking the dog...

Other than her visit we will probably see no one the rest of the day.......  That means I can sew for awhile and do some puttering around the house........... 

I hope you have a good day also..........

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan... I guess I will have to wait for the end results of all you flowers that you have put in around your house... I wish we had rain... It is so dry here and all the rain is going around us... Keep dry... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10