Saturday, April 07, 2012

Saturday Already?

I really don't know where the time goes.........  I seem to stay busy but accomplish so little.

Lu, here is the picture I promised you...............  Last Friday we went to Yoder's for breakfast.  They also have a feed and farm supply store where I purchased a hat to wear in the garden.....  I told Lem that I needed a riding lawnmower to ride on while I wore my hat........  This is what he came home with.....  It will be put to good use as the lot is one acre and Lem has such allergies that the mowing falls to me..... 

I did get the grass cut and I have been watching it grow........  Looks like I will need to do it again soon..


Our Guild is making quilts for the new Veteran's Home that will be opening here soon.....  I ordered some
two and a half inch strips from Keepsake Quilts in Salute colors................ They came with an easy quilt pattern....

In between cooking and cleaning and visiting with guest I did manage to get them all cut.................

And sewn and pressed..............Now I have to finish putting together the quilt that is on the design board so that I can get that one on............  I plan to chip away on that project today in between tasks.........

Yesterday Marilyn and I went to Bojangles for breakfast and then to get our nails done....  There is a new gel polish that fills in the ridges in your nails......  I have one that splits so she put acrylic on that one but the rest are just gel........  It does not last as long as acrylic but it does cost a lot less..........  I promised Lu a picture of my nails so here it is...................



3 comments:

  1. I love it! First you but a hat, then you need a riding mower to go with it. A woman's logic is a thing of wonder. It's god to see that you're finding some stitching time in between chores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:31 PM

    Love it ! Too bad you can't stitch and mow at the same time !

    ReplyDelete
  3. VA quilt is "looking good" !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10