Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Wee Bit of Progress

But a few steps in the wrong direction..........

I needed a few snaps and buttons to finish my wee gifts and I had an opportunity to get to Greenville for some shopping.........  Jane and I had lunch at the Olive Garden........A favorite of ours........... 

I found my snaps and buttons and some curtain rings........  The curtain rings were marked down to 50cents each and are great knitting markers..........


We checked out The Pottery and I found a wreath for the front door........  Now to go upstairs for the hanger and get it put up..........

After we got home it was good to just sit and visit for awhile...........

John and Joyce were our riding their bikes and stopped for a visit.........  If it doesn't rain today John is going to help us get our dining room furniture from Greenville.

I could wait no longer and cast on a baby sock.  I found this pattern online last week and I was anxious to get it started............ 

I did manage to get the coleus planted.  This is a pot that was left over from last year.  I am surprised that it is still alive but we have had a mild winter....  We will see how well it grows.  At least the coleus is safe till I get the pine straw down and find a better place to plant it...........


I got the bulbs from Lem's parents house planted.....  I am not sure what they are........  It was hard to tell this past winter so this will be a nice surprise....... Those two white sticks are knives from the cutlery packets that came with our church dinners this past year.....  They work well for plant markers......Just write the name on them with a Sharpie...........

I

I also got my dozen petunias in the ground........  Now I need two dozen more for the rest of the front.....

Now off to my Tuesday morning Bible Class.........  After which I need to rush home and do a bit of home blessing.....  Tonight in Movie Night and the girls in the neighborhood will be here for popcorn and drinks...


2 comments:

  1. All your plants are just so pretty! I am very familiar with home blessing...that is what I did yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan... I just love the wreath you got for your front door...Your flowers are going to be beautiful...It is great to watch them bloom... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10