Friday, March 02, 2012

A Bit of This and That.....

Joyce came by early today and it was warm enough to sit on the porch to have our tea....  She helped me trim Wade Hamilton........  Please remember that neither of us knew exactly what we were doing so the poor puppy looks like he got caught in a weed eater..........


Well, it will grow.........  At least he is too small to see himself in a mirror and it hasn't dampened his spirit at all.

I began working on the third border of my stay at home round robin being hosted by Sunny of Quilting dreams.........  It was supposed to be a log cabin border and it took me quite some time to decide exactly what to do.........  I finally came up with a plan...........  Drafted my block.........

Got out my basket of fabrics and began.............

A wee bit of cutting and I was ready to sew once more............

Voila!!!!!!!!!!!!

The contrast between the log cabin blocks and the other border fabric is not quite so stark in real life..  Joyce and I discussed putting some applique on the plain parts but I am wondering if I should leave them for some nice feathers when it is quilted............ 
The next border we are to add incorporates hourglass blocks or pinwheels..........  Since I made that for this border in error I have a good start on the next border.....  I might catch up with the rest of the group yet.  VBG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10