Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Stitch or Two

I got the corner cleared out in the studio and I now have The Nativity all set up and I am ready to stitch...............


But first I want to make a couple of smocked dresses for a niece that is having a little girl in March.....

It has been a long time since I have done any smocking............. I couldn't find any batiste around here so I called Murray's in Orleans and they mailed it to me............ It finally arrived......


I found my pattern and brought the pleater downstairs....... It is just great to be able to go upstairs and find the things I need right away....... When I finish unpacking and organizing the attic it will be much better.


I had forgotten how long it took to get a dress ready to pleat but here it is.........all ready...........



I actually got the smocking done last night while we watched the Nascar race.................


Now to smock the second one and get both of them ready to sew together........

Today is my Bible study day and after that I have errands and when I get home we will need to go to the grocery store............ Another busy day planned with no stitching...........


2 comments:

  1. Great work on your wedding sampler! Was the background worked too? Massive!

    You are multi talented Susan! The smocking looks absolutely gorgeous already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are too talented and Q U I C K !!! the smocking is lovely...

    do not forget to enter my blog give away!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10