Monday, January 23, 2012

A New Week

January is leaving us quickly this year.......... It is amazing how time is going by this year......

I did manage a finish this past week. I got the binding put on this quilt that I made several years ago..............

Now I am making some pillow cases to match it......... I have two almost finished and I have two more planned......... The second set will not have the scalloped edge and will go much faster....



This is the progress so far on the garage........... If the weather warms up and I have a light schedule I could actually get it organized by the end of February......... That is my goal.......



Since I have spent the last two weeks having company I am behind once more on my Thangles quilt........

I am also behind on my round robin and the new month came out for the Hartfield quilt that I haven't even started............

Maybe I can get to sew some by the end of the week.................


While clearing the garage I spotted this sock yarn. Just the thing to put in my Sock Bag that Peg made for me. I like to keep my sock bag hanging on the chair in the breakfast nook..... That is where we sit when the girls come over for tea and I need something to keep my hands busy......
I am going to make some for Jean and Bill but I am waiting for the yarn to come in that I ordered so this will fill the gap.



Kim saw this sweater when she was looking at the Mary Maxim catalog and liked it..... I ordered this the same time I got the hat kit for Andrew............. This is my LAST order from them. Their shipping is scandalous. I only ordered this time because Kim had made those selections..... Now their catalogs go straight into the trash............

Jean bought the yarn to make a cream sweater like the blue on I made...... In fact she found the pattern and shared it with me........... She is so busy and has not had time to knit hers so I said that I would do it for her...................



Some blogger had started making these Christmas ornaments......... I had to try my hand at them too........... Yes another project going...........


This was also a garage find............ Who knows just how long this has languished waiting for attention. Well, it has found its way into the studio now so I will leave it there to see what happens......


The baby sweater I started is now ready for assembly....... I am looking for my yarn needle. I had them recently and put them where I would know where to find them.......... I just wish I knew where that was..................

Now off to the kitchen.......... We are out of bread and the cookie jar is empty........ While things bake I can get them menus made for next week and this afternoon we can grocery shop.......

Maybe by Thursday I can get back to sewing............




4 comments:

sunny said...

Busy, busy, busy! What great projects you have in process. I love that quilt that you finished! I haven't made a bed-sized quilt yet. And I haven't baked bread yet. Perhaps this week? Have fun with yours.

Barbara J said...

Oh my a fabulous quilt for sure! Love the rich colours and the matching pillow cases will be lovely.

My Life and Quilting on the Cape said...

Hi Susan... I love the beautiful quilt on your bed... The pillow cases will be a lovely finishing touch... I think the scallops are wonderful... I also love the sweater you made and the pink is sweet.... You do such lovely things... You sure do keep very busy... I think that is why the month flys by so quickly... Hugs :)

Judy Laquidara said...

You sure put a lot of stuff into one post! :) I love that cardigan pattern. The quilt on the bed is gorgeous! You're making progress with the unpacking.

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10