Wednesday, January 11, 2012

At Last

I was beginning to think that I could never convince Lem to agree to some comfortable furniture.

Monday afternoon we went to a local furniture store....... How easy it was to find what I wanted and he agreed to sign the check for it all.......... We got the sofa, a recliner for Lem, and easy chair for me, two end tables, a coffee table and two lamps........ We also purchased an ottoman but it has to be ordered to get one with the fabric that goes with the rest of the furniture. Then that little foot stool with my chair can go into the bedroom........

Yes, the first thing I did was to toss a quilt over my chair. I know it will get a lot of wear and I want it to last........ Besides, it is a lovely quilt. And you do see the Christmas tree in that photo. It is down now but I did not get to it till yesterday.............


I also finished a sweater that I started last year........... Thank you Peg. This is some of the yarn you gave me...........


I also finished the blue sweater I was working on............ Now to make one for Jean. She has the yarn....... It was not that pleasant to make. I thought the instructions were a bit vague but some how I muddled through and got it done.............


As to the list ........................ I still have one item on that page to complete and I have added four more pages to it........... I like making list. It helps keep me focused.

4 comments:

My Life and Quilting on the Cape said...

Hi Susan... I love the furnature that you bought... It is very lovely and you guys have great taste.... The sweaters are beautiful... What a lovely job you did... Hugs :)

sunny said...

I scrolled down you your New Year's Day photo, and this new furniture certainly looks much more comfy/cozy! And very welcoming. You entertain a lot and this looks perfect for guests. Perfect for snuggling down into for some knitting, too. Beautiful sweaters.

Barbara J said...

Very nice knitting. Love the colours. Knitting is such a practical skill to have especially in countries with colder climates!

Judy S. said...

Happy New Year, Susan! It looks like you've been busy knitting, sewing, decorating.... love those star blocks! Enjoyed the story of the traveling table also!

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10