Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Update

Life continues to go at a fast pace.... I just can't keep up...............

Dillard delivered the table to us last week......... It came last Wednesday, almost a week ago.

It was originally a dining room table with two leaves............ My grandfather gave it to my mother when she married...... Many years later she wanted a coffee table instead so Papa cut a piece out of the center post and lowered it for her..........

Then my sister wanted it for a dining table so Papa put the piece back in and it went to my sisters. Years passed and it came back to Mama who wanted a coffee table again. Papa took the piece out and and lowered it once more.................... They moved several times after that and the center section was lost. Then I got it and I have used it for many years as a coffee table....

But now I wanted it in the breakfast nook.......... A new post was put in and here it is.......

I have been hard at work in the garage but I did find time to work on the border for my At Home Round Robin........ I am saving the hourglass border for later and made this HST border instead.......

Now back to the finding a home for things and putting them away........

4 comments:

  1. I love the story behind your table! How nice to still have it in such good condition. Your SAHR is looking great. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan... First of all... "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" to you and Lem.... I love the table and I did not know it was your coffee table... The story is wonderful about the table... Your round robin looks great I love what you are doing with it... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice story about the table. You should write it on paper for the future owner(s).
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice piece of history there. And a lovely table setting too.

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10