Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Three Weeks Later

I did get 12 of my Mill Girls blocks done before the movers came.......... I sure am glad I did.... I didn't get to sew again till this week.................



We (I) am getting unpacked and finding places to put everything. I can start on the things that were in storage next week......... I have put a lot of things upstairs. It is an unfinished attic that is 2000 square feet of storage for the things that I don't have room for in my little studio. I am keeping only current projects in the studio and it is still very crowded............

The landscaper came three days ago and planted grass seed...... I sure hope it sprouts soon. All of that dirt gets tracked in the house and I am not that fond of vacuuming every morning.


Thanksgiving we had 16 people here on Thanksgiving. Kim and her family all came and helped with the cooking...... It was grand to have family around...... The weather was warm enough for some folks to eat on the porch. They played games in the yard and all the men talked sports while we ladies cooked.................


This is the morning sky. The sun rises on the back of the house and I can see it from the bedroom window.............. What a lovely way to wake up....................







6 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

What a GLORIOUS view. Best wishes for a smooth transition, it's a beautiful home (and the Mill Girls is pretty cute, too!).

sunny said...

What a wonderful view to wake up to! Why didn't you make your studio larger? LOL!

Candace said...

What a beautiful home you have and it sounds like your stash has a nice place to spread out a bit. Your Thanksgiving sounds delightful.

Barbara J said...

Those blocks are looking great all together.

Lovely scenery to wake up to!

My Life and Quilting on the Cape said...

Hi Susan... What a wonderful way to wake up in the morning to see the sun rise.... I am so Happy for you to finnaly to be in your house... I know it seamed to be a long road, but, you are there... I love the auilt you are working on and the color are lovely.. You are so right about to have family around for Thanksgiving...Welcome Home to you and Lem... Hugs :)

Donna K from N.TX aka Quilting Bear Gal said...

Your Mill Girl quilt is going to be really pretty. So glad you are settled into your house. The view from the back of your house is breathtaking.

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10