Saturday, October 15, 2011

Anne Ida is hosting a Quilt Along to make Mill Hill Girls from Jennifer Chiaverini's pattern book More Elm Creek Quilts.

I have not yet completed the last quilt I began in her Quilt Along for Lucinda's Gift but I am half way finished with the blocks.......

Yes, I am going to do better with this one.........


We are planning to move before the 11th of November so I am rather busy these days but I am finding more time to sew by using the odd 10 to 15 minutes I can carve in each day.

The first week we are supposed to choose our fabric and cut the pieces for the blocks.......



Remember, I have those large bags of scrap fabric I purchased several years ago when I was getting the BOM's from Homestead Hearth.............



The first thing I need to cut is 80 four inch squares. I spent the last several hours sorting out fabric large enough and pressing it for cutting............

The original is done in brighter colors but I like CW Repro and since I have lots of it I plan to use it up. You can see the edge of the cream I am using for the background........ I will confess that I did purchase that from Thousands of Bolts. I never seem to have enough background fabric....



Now off to clear the kitchen and get dressed......... Yes, I am running a bit late but I wanted to get my fabric ready to cut........

Today Kim is having a birthday party for Andrew...... He is one year old...... Lem and I went shopping for a gift yesterday...... I do hope we selected the right thing....... A talking dump truck...

We can also take our laundry to wash at their house during the party. It will be WONDERFUL to have my own washer and dryer in three weeks........... Oh Happy Day...........


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful bunch of scraps. You should have fun with that pattern. Good luck with moving - the time is quickly approaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan... WOW!!!! Three weeks to go ... I am so happy for you two... Yes, it is great to have your own washer and dryer... Maybe you will not have to run so much and enjoy some time sewing... The pattern look like fun and I love your colors that you choose... It is great that you can use up your scraps... It sure saves money... Have fun with it... Miss ya Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking of you and wondering that it's been a while since your blog came on my reader and what do you know ... it showed up just minutes after!

    Long distance ESP? :)

    Good to hear you'll be moving in very soon. Must be a wonderful feeling to be home at last.

    Choosing the fabrics are half the fun! CW fabric and colours are my cuppa tea too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10