Sunday, September 25, 2011

YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS.............

I actually finished something................. On the Shop Hop I got a lot of grief from my fellow quilters because I had never finished my Guild Name Tag.............. You are supposed to pay a quarter if you don't wear it and I had been sliding by....... They promised to double the fine for me if I didn't get it ready for the next meeting..........

Voila!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I do know that the ribbon is not perfect but I was finishing it 3 minutes before leaving for the meeting.............. At least I have a finish...............

Lots of Happy Dancing over this one............



Last night I took the last few stitches on this tea towel. I am so pleased to have the blanks ready so that I can reach into the cabinet to get one to stitch......... Since I didn't get any finished for the Church Bazaar this year I thought I would start for next year............. Jane goes to Sharon Church so I can make some for their bazaar too........ It is in May........


Last night I even got the last leaf on the center block for the Round Robin I am participating in...........




Today I plan to get the flower petals cut so that I can work on that tonight.......




Dillard (our contractor) told us that we should move in the first week in November............

Since so much of my sewing things are going into the attic for the time being we can start taking things out to the house and taking them upstairs........ We took the first car full yesterday. All from the studio........... Today we filled the car again. Can't take that out till after the painters leave tomorrow afternoon............

I have something in the back of my mind for the studio............. Maybe some thought will help me make it a more attractive place to work.....................


7 comments:

  1. It's about time you got that nametag finished!! I finally got mine made, but then I forgot to wear it to the meeting the other night. I absolutely love your acorn stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, we did rib you a bit I am afraid Susan....BUT the name tag looks great and our new pins fit in nicely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tea towel, and your round robin is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed that you find time to sew and blog in the midst of trying to move. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got quite a bit done I think! Hope to see more on your round robin block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan... What a wonderful job on the tea towel and the round robin... I just love them both... The name tag looks great, you did a lovely job... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan, So good to hear from you. Imagine you have been very busy getting settled in your beautiful new home. Love your Mill Girls quilt. Please send your address so I can get your embroidery blocks to you. Peg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10