Saturday, September 03, 2011

Update

I am trying to uncover the cutting table. I seem to be able to keep every room in the house in order except this one............. It is so very frustrating but then it is my own fault.......... Perhaps after we move and get settled in I can do better................


I did get all of the blanks made for tea towels........... Now I can embroider them and add some rick rack trim and they will be ready to go. I want to do at least 4 for the church bazaar but that is looking more doubtful by the minute.......................



I have the designs printed on Fabri Solvi for them. Now to find time to sit and stitch.

I did get most of the unpacking done yesterday............. We did laundry at Rebekah's so that was put away and now I have the ironing to do. Yes, I do still iron. I like for my clothes to look crisp and fresh and I just pretend that I am ironing quilting fabric so that works.........

Katie called and she needs a small baby quilt made in a hurry for a friend. Rebekah had the fabric for it so I brought it home to see what I could do quickly........... I have just over a yard of both pieces so I am thinking perhaps a disappearing four patch might work. I will have to look into that and see..................


Yesterday afternoon was spent with the insurance adjustor looking at the house. I had gotten the house blessing done by noon and had just enough time to fix lunch and get a quick shower before he showed up.

He looked here at Meriwether and told me that the items that were in storage in the garage and were ruined were not covered. The water blew in from below so that is considered flood damage. I have no idea yet just what was lost and right now I do not have the heart to go through it to see.........

When we moved to Massachusetts we kept our house and rented it.......... We took him there to look at the damage on it............ Part of the roof is damaged and some shingles are missing.

Then off the Lem's parents house to see the damage there.................... I wish I had a big bow to put on the top of the house........ Then it would be gift wrapped........... That big dent in the middle is where the tree went through it.................



Pat called and she was at the new house......... We met her there and finally got to meet her new husband...(of five years, we have been gone a long time...)... Jason and Kim stopped by so we all went out to eat...............

Today I am supposed to work on that quilt for Kate and find something to wear to church tomorrow..............

Oh and go shopping because we had to toss everything in the refrigerator and freezer.......

I think I will turn off the computer and start to sew a bit. Maybe I will have something to report tomorrow....................












2 comments:

  1. I would not want to be dealing with all the damage you all are. Good luck on getting the houses fixed and the water damage taken care of. I'm afraid the house that had the tree go though the middle I would just want to tear down and rebuild.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan... God Bless you to go through all the mess and insurance co. from the dammage on the house... It seams you are jummping through hoops to get things done... Your sewing room will waite for you when you can spend some quality time in it...Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10