Friday, September 09, 2011

Reporting in

One thing about living in Orleans, MA......... It was not a large town....only 14 square miles. You could go all over town doing errands with little time wasted in travel........

Here in Kinston it is much different...................... We are 15 to 20 minutes from anywhere I need to go............ On the days that we do errands it takes the entire day...........

Then there is the time spent doing the house blessing, laundry and cooking...............

Not to mention the time needed to read email and other blogs............

Did I mention sewing in there anywhere???? I thought not.

Added to the fun has been the housing problems we are having. The house on Perry Park has been condemned......... That means endless meetings with insurance people and lots of time for Lem and I to discuss our options and what we plan to do next............ The house on Hugo Rd needs a new roof because of Irene. Those arrangements take time on the phone. Some days I feel like all I do is talk to people. This has even caused me to miss guild meetings and other fun things..........

On Saturday of the recent holiday weekend Lem and I went to Lowes........ After all, Lowes knows and we needed to select the door knobs and purchase the cabinet knobs for the house. While we were there I saw that patio furniture was 50% off............. Too good to pass up and I wanted a table for my screened porch.......... Lem needed to think about that for awhile..........

By Sunday morning he had decided that we could get the table I had selected and four chairs. I called Lowes and they were still there. They agreed to hold them for one hour so we dressed and headed that way........... By now it is 9:30.......... We paid for the table and chairs, bought breakfast at McDonalds and headed home again. I left a message for Jason to call us because we needed him to use his truck to move the table and chairs.........

I worked on my little four patch blocks for the gift quilt I am making for Kate...... He called and said he would be glad to lend a hand and headed toward Kinston. We all went to Lowes AGAIN.. (third time in less that 24 hours for me)...... to get said table and chairs. They found one set still in the carton and two more chairs (I wanted six chairs).........I paid for the extra chairs and we loaded everything in the truck and headed to the new house............

Jason unloaded the boxes from the truck............ We unpacked them and Jason put the table together................... By then it is 1:30 and Jason mentioned lunch............. We went to Ayden for take out and came back to Grifton to sit around our new table..........

Now when I have my impromptu gatherings everyone will have a chair to sit on......


I spent Monday making my four patch blocks and catching up on blog reading.......

Tuesday I made cookies for the person putting up the trim in the house........ We took those to him and did a few more errands............

Wednesday was Guild............... Here are the pictures from Show and Tell..........


Front of the quilt..................



And back of the quilt................



And one lovely Railfence.....................


I actually got to sew yesterday.... I will post those pictures later.......... We met family for dinner out last night............... so I did not have to stop sewing early and cook...........

Today I had planned to spend sewing again but once again someone else has other ideas. The insurance adjustor wants to meet us at the Perry Park house once more.......... Looks like another day of errands instead............

2 comments:

  1. Your patio furniture is beautiful. I'm sure many happy hours wil be spent there. I'm glad you're still able to find time to get to Guild meetings with everything that's going on. How are you faring from Lee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodmorning Susan.. I know what you mean that you have to travel so far to get to where you want... I felt the same way when I moved to WI... We were spoiled on the Cape, where everything was at arm's length... I love the table and chairs you got for you screened in room ... Thanks for sharring the quilts that the ladies at your guild made ... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10