Saturday, September 10, 2011

I Haven't Been Idle

Yesterday morning we had to meet the insurance adjustor at the house again. This time I took my stitchery and sat in the shade while he measured and calculated..........

I actually got the stitching done on one of the tea towels I made several weeks ago............


During the afternoon I finished the assembly of the disappearing four patch I am making for Kate to give as a gift. When Rebekah comes next week we can get the backing and batting. I already have the binding cut and ready...... We can assemble it and I can get it quilted and in the mail............. I have been listening to The Help while I am sewing.

We got chicken salad plate from Sharon Church last night so I could sew an hour longer yesterday afternoon. I actually got one more strip sewn on my second 1/3 of my Lucinda's Gift quilt...... Maybe if all goes well I can get them finished this weekend.

Lem and I stopped by J C Penny's yesterday afternoon and I found a pair of black dress slacks. Being short I will have to hem them. I want to wear them to church tomorrow.

Another busy day planned...... It will be interesting to see just how much I actually get done.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan... I know how hard it is to make time to sew... I love the tea towel...The quilt came out sweet and the baby girl who is getting it will have lovely dreams under it... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tea towel stitching. Your backstich is divine. Nice and neat and beady, just the way it should be! Are you using Pearl Cotton No 8?

    I've been doing some stitchery too, but the secret kind :) I am using stem stitch with 2 strands of DMC floss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stitchery pattern. Do you know who the designer is?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:35 AM

    Great work, Susan! Adele was our speaker at quilt guild and she showed all kinds of marking products. She mentioned that you loved 'transfer eze'. She even showed a sample you had done. So you're not forgotten back here on Cape Cod!
    Kathy Watson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10