Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Best Laid Plans.............

of mice and men do often gang aglee................

Jane was coming this afternoon for a pleasant afternoon of knitting........ I had even organized the studio a wee bit more to make room for both of us...........

I had problems sleeping last night so I did not get up till 8:00...... I had not washed dishes last night...(just too tired) so I got the kitchen spiffed and then started making my Upscale Sloppy Joes in the crockpot. The recipe came from Coleen's Kitchen. She is on the side bar if you want to see what delightful culinary treats she has................

Then I made my first batch of scones..... The recipe came with my last order from King Arthur flour............ Naturally I had to stop in the middle of everything and go out for baking powder but finally I got them in the oven.

Pat called to say that she was in the area and wanted to meet for lunch. Her sister, Denise was with her. We agreed to meet at the new house and I would make sandwiches for us....... I called Jane and asked her to join us and then we could come back to my house to knit.........

I packed a delightful lunch. Turkey with provolone sandwiches, hot pumpkin scones, pickles and chips...... Beverages were added to the basket too. I even added placemats and napkins.....

We pulled up, got out of the car and then both of us locked it................ With both sets of keys inside..........

It took 1 hour for AAA to come...... After all, we are out in the middle of nowhere......... Mike with AAA arrived, unlocked the car and we really enjoyed the late lunch.

Pat and Denise had already left. Pat needed to get back to work...............

About 2:30 Jane and I decided to meet tomorrow and knit.

I sure am glad that I had supper in the crock pot............ That meant I could get a nap after we got home......

Now off to serve our dinner and maybe tomorrow we can get some knitting done........


2 comments:

  1. Oh No! My new car won't allow me to lock the keys in. What will they think of next? I guess it could come in handy some day though. Dinner sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know those times when you are just standing there waiting for AAA. I'm glad it all turned out ok and that you had dinner in the crockpot. I think my crockpot is one of my favorite quilting tools!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10