Thursday, August 11, 2011

What To Do?

Grocery shopping is in my future today.......... Lem hasn't said yet when he wants to go so I can play in the studio till then...........

But What To Do First?????? That is the question.............

I like tea towels............. LuAnn at Loose Threads (HERE) had a picture once on her blog of things at a Quilt Show and one of the booths in the picture was Bird Brain Designs. (HERE) and the rest as they say is history........... I figured out a way to make my own tea towels..... Some with a scalloped edge and some with rick rack trim........ I think they are lovely gifts.........

I cut up all of my white muslin into the correct size and I am going to try to make two tea towels each day to be ready for the design.......... There are a couple of products on the market now that Linkyou can use to transfer your design by printing the pattern onto a special sheet using your computer and then just stick it to your fabric.......... When the embroidery is done just wash away. How cool is that?

So this morning I need to do my two tea towels.......... Finish two dish cloths.......... And according to the list on my sidebar I should be working on Lucinda's gift.........

Now that I have made that decision I will listen to a book while I stitch. Maybe pictures later.

2 comments:

http//quiltinginmequon.blogspot.com said...

Hi Susan... I amsure you have more than enough to do... Like me, where to start first... LOL.. Do muslin work well for tea towels? I never tryed it... Hugs :)

Karen said...

I am a tea towel freak. I so enjoy making them & giving as gifts. I try to keep the person in mind when I chose the pattern.
Really like bird brain designs, they are fun.

listent to "the help" and you will get quite alot of stitching completed. And will have a problem turing the machine off after a certain point.
happy stitching...K

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10