Tuesday, August 16, 2011

DISCLAIMER: This may contain content that is boring to most people. However, I do have family and friends that live far away and this is my method of staying in touch and showing them exactly is going on in our life.



Friday we met Jason and Kim at the house.......... The bonus was that Amanda and Andrew came along too............ We didn't stay to long.... He learning to get around and there is too much to get into there that is not good for him..............



As we were leaving I noticed the sunset......



By Monday morning there were lots of boxes in the family room........ Hurray, the cabinets are here............


Some showed up Tuesday to start the assembly....................... And started opening the boxes...


This cabinet faces into the hallway.............. That hole in the wall has had a lot of people wondering just what we were going to do........... I do not like blind cabinets. You know the ones that you have to get down on the floor and just about climb inside to get something in the corner. The place you store things you rarely use and then use them even less often because you do not want to take them out or put them away.............. Some folks put a turntable in that corner and I had one in Orleans but I wasn't wild about that either........... The new kitchen has two corners to turn so that would net me two of those cabinets.......... I decided to have this one open into the hall way. It is near the dining room and the perfect place to keep napkins, placemats, napkin holders and individual salt shaker........ (I used to have some of those, I wonder if the made it here to NC. I will know when unpacking time comes)......

The second one is where the bar turns the corner and it will open into the breakfast nook......
I am getting too old to get down and get back up from the floor.........VBG.......

He started the assembly in the master bathroom...... Lots of storage space in this house. Now for the challenge of not using it................




Yesterday was a glorious gift from the Lord................ The weather is a bit cooler (in the 80's).

The lab test was better............ I had a grand time in fellowship with the prayer shawl ladies.....

After lunch we met with the contractor to look at steps on another house he had built.........(with the owners permission.) I really liked them so we will be doing something like that.......

Then we went out to the house to make the bannister selection....... I will have about 3 feet of banister showing going up to the STORE..........

Jason was in the area and stopped to say hello.......... Chad from Fergusons Supply came by to discuss faucets and such..................

Kim stopped in so we sat on the porch and had a good visit with her...............

We had take away for supper............. Went to bed at 9:00.......... I sure was ready.


1 comment:

  1. Hey sweetie, your blog is your journal, and it's a great way to keep in touch with the world - be it family or strangers. I think it's a great way to get to know you better when you blog about the real things in your life. So, while I don't know all the players, I enjoy reading your blog and watching the house progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10