Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Catching Up

This past weekend was Lem's 50th class reunion..............

Friday night there was a cookout and Saturday was a prime rib dinner at a local restaurant.. He got to see lots of old friends.............











And then we indulged in an Eastern North Carolina tradition.......... A pig pickin'.......... There is the pig with some chicken added to the grill........... At least the head was removed this time. I don't like to have the head looking at me while I am trying to get a sliver of tenderloin..............


Saturday we went to Simpson to pick out counter tops.......... That is all done but to date I have no pictures of the sample................... We paused in Greenville long enough to pick up some interfacing............ I needed it to make a template for my center block on the upcoming Round Robin.......... I also got all of the pieces traced on freezer paper ready to cut out, the template made, and the bias made for the vines................ Now to cut out all of those pieces and get them ironed onto fabric............... In the mean time, if you don't know where to put something, just put it on the table in the studio................ Once again I will have to clean up before I can sew again.

Sunday morning Rebekah called to say that she had been admitted to the hosptal......... We put everything on hold to go to Dunn................. That is also what we did on Monday and yesterday. She might come home this today so I am going to stay at home to catch up on a few things..........

I haven't even been out to the house to see the progress.......... Maybe later today we can get out there............. Right now I have to get some bread baked.......We are totally out............. I am looking forward to having a freezer to keep an extra loaf in........................

Off to get the day started......... It promises to be a busy one.......... I might even get caught up on my blog reading one day...........



1 comment:

Kathryn D. Duke said...

looks like fun at the reunion...sorry to say I did not recognize anyone...time does change us!!
missed you today...
Kathy

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10