Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Another Red Letter Day

Yesterday Jane and I made our second trip to Greenville for shopping............ Such fun we have and we also stop at Olive Garden for Soup and Salad.............

Since we both liked the flowers out front I got some pictures of the arrangements. Gathering ideas for my own garden.............

I have never seen Lambs Ear with such large leaves......


I got more pink fabric for tea towels and a skein of yarn for a matching dish cloth.

Some Rick Rack to put on the bottom of some tea towels, two skeins of DMC that I needed, Pearl Cotton for embroidery, snaps, scissors (on sale) for trimming my applique pieces and two packages of Aida. I have an idea for a pillow and if I get it done I will share it with you.

Also an assortment of zippers for coin purses I hope to get made for the church bazaar........


Barbara at the Sanguine Stitcher (HERE) is always making something lovely to wear. Her success is encouraging and I am going to give it a try once more with Jane to help me with the measuring....................... The green dress on the left pattern is the first one I plan to try.


When I got home I found my Monthly Mini Quilt from Temecula Quilt Company... (HERE) Now I have three to get done................



I also got my yarn order from Herrschners (HERE) in the mail........ They have sale right now on a bag of yarn for $12.99.............. Their choice........ I ordered two bags and I now have enough for four prayer shawls and of course hats made from the leftovers...........



I even got a book with some different patterns that was on sale.............


We fit in a couple of consignment shops and I found this great bag............


We had just the best time.................. We even stopped for soft serve ice cream on the way home.

I had laid out a frozen meal from several weeks ago so dinner was all ready to warm up when I got home...............

We went to visit Jason and Kim and then home for some TV and to unwind till bedtime.........

It was a great day.........

Thanks Jane....................





3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan.... WOW!!! Again a wonderful day shopping... I am so happy for you... What a good buy for the yarn... You are one busy lady with soooooo, much to do... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My my, you fit a lot into one day. THanks for sharing all your goodies with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're on a hopping spree I see ... wonderful loot.

    Ah ... finally I got you to sew a garment! That's a nice flattering dress. Looking forward to your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10