Thursday, July 07, 2011

Yes, more house pictures............

The hardwood floor is down now........... I chose #2 Red Oak............ When it was delivered Jason pulled a small piece off of the stack to take home to show Kim....... It happened to have some writing on the back......... In Spanish........... I gave it to Joyce and she took it to a friend for a translation........ it said..... "I Really Need a Raise".............. Imagine him getting that one small piece of flooring from that entire bundle that had writing on it.........

As I said, it is #2 flooring..... Has lots of worm holes and knots and other natural spots of character................. It is lovely and it is going to be even lovelier after it is finished........


I got this quilt out to press and get ready to be sent for quilting. There was backing fabric in the bag with it......... Then I found that I was 2 yards short of the needed backing...... I do have some of the white that I could add to the blue backing fabric but then I thought it would look even better to put some of the blocks in the back........ No, I don't know where the scraps are for this quilt. They are somewhere in those multitude of totes and boxes in the garage...........

I have made a decision to pack up the entire thing till after the move and the GREAT UNPACK.... then I will be able to find the scraps, make the additional blocks and I will be much happier with the quilt. Now to find another quilt to get ready.............





4 comments:

  1. What are the odds of picking out that one piece of wood? Wow! Your floor is looking beautiful!

    Good decision on the quilt - just careful you don't put it away and forget to look for those scraps ;-)

    ...and putting it away for now will free some time for you to work on your Lucinda's Gift quilt - *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you will take me on a tour when completed...looking great.

    Pretty quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan... The flooring is beautiful... I love it, great tast you two have... Love the quilt as well... I never saw this one... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up on your blog and your new home is going to be so beautiful. I'll bet that you can hardly wait, but at the same time are enjoying the process. It is stressful, but fun, to build a house.
    Your blue and white quilt will be lovely and I liked your streak of sunshine. I had to look before I noticed any "design variation" in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10