Thursday, July 28, 2011

Where did the Week Go?

I can't believe it is Thursday already............... I can't imagine where the week disappeared to......

Monday morning I met with a group at church to knit ...... Monday afternoon we had first one guest and then another drop by to say hello. I so very much enjoy that and I know that when we move again it will not happen as often.

That meant that some tasks were left undone and not much sewing was done but there is so little time to be with family and friends that we need to enjoy the moments of fellowship when we can........

I did get the another tea towel for Jane and I ready to stitch...............


And I finished my applique BOM from Linen Closet Quilts..............


I also got a start on one of my tea towels..........................


On Monday at the knitting group there was a large box of yarn that had been donated. It looked a lot like this but was much bigger.....................



I have been working on it every evening this week and this is what I have so far.............



Yesterday was Dr. appts for Lem, errands and laundry....... Whew........... That sure was too much in one day............... Today I must do the house blessing and a few organizing task in the house.......... Maybe tomorrow I can devote to sewing and just relaxing.............

I have done a few blocks of Lucinda's gift but nothing big enough for a picture yet........ Lately I have forgotten to take my camera...........

I called Jane and Joyce to tell them that we are going out to the house at 7:00 this evening for about 30 minutes to sit on the porch and look at the geese on the lake and feel the breeze........ I invited them to join us......... We will see if anyone shows up. Maybe I should fix a tray of savories just in case some one shows up........... Hmmmmm.......... Any suggestions other than a few finger sandwiches?


4 comments:

  1. Your applique looks super! I am saving the files up ... who knows maybe I'll do applique one of these days :) Your stitchery is looking so handsome too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's important to stop and smell the roses. The quilting will always be there. Enjoy your time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan... Your tea towles are lovely...I just love your applique block... What a wonderful job... Yes, the weeks goes by too fast as we all get older...You were smart to go and sit on your new porch and enjoy the evening... bring something sweet to have with your sweet ice tea... Have fun ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm scared of applique and embroidery, but I sure think yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10