Wednesday, June 08, 2011

A Nice Quiet Day

Yesterday was a nice quiet day at home....... I worked on my basket blocks and watched the birds and squirrels. I have never seen a squirrel play with a stick before but there was one in the back yard playing with a stick just like a dog would.........

Lem moved the bird bath so that I could see it from my window and the birds kept it busy all afternoon.

I got my basket blocks finished and this is the fabric that was lying around so I used it for the sashing , cornerstones and borders.




Now it is all together and sandwiched and ready to quilt. I sure do hope to get it quilted and finished before Saturday's deadline.


To make the day even better, the Mini Quilt arrived from Temecula Quilt Company. Now something else to play with.............................


Off to Quilt Guild and then lunch with the girls and painting class. Wednesdays sure are busy.

I have Lem's lunch fixed and in the fridge.......... Supper will be fish grilled on the new Griddler that arrived in the mail this morning........

All in all a very good day ahead................




4 comments:

  1. I love your quilt, and that some blocks are pieced and some are stitched. Very nice! What size is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely basket blocks :-) What size are they ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan... What a sweet quilt... I love that you put stitchery in it as well... We all need quiet days now and again... Sound like you are busy with all your activity... Good for you ... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the baskets are looking good and can not wait to see the little one too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10