Thursday, May 05, 2011

What a Day.......

I have no idea where the day went. It seemed to take a life of its own. The only plans I had when I got up was to go to the Guild meeting.........

Before I left Dillard Wallace (our contractor) called to tell me that we had to go to Goldsboro (25 miles away) to pick out brick for the foundation........We had planned to eat at the Sandpiper that night and it is between Kinston and Goldsboro so that worked out well.

I did get my blocks ready for Guild..............


And had my handwork all ready to go..............


Guilds are such a wonderful thing.............. People that enjoy the same things getting together and helping each other.


And just a little business meeting to keep the group on track............


Here is the quilt that several people helped pin...........All ready to quilt........


A little show and tell........... This quilt is being made for a dear grandson.


And a quilted cover for a notebook. The perfect place to keep things organized.



One member started this quilt and another member finished quilting it. Now it is all bound and ready to keep someone warm.


I think this is wheat........... Got this picture on the way to Goldsboro.


We had no trouble finding the Brick Store...........


And my selection was made in record time.


Since it did not take long to make my selection we had time to spare. Lem and I did some shopping. We picked up some clothes for him and then headed to the Sandpiper.


The restaurant has rockers on three sides for people to use while they are waiting to be seated.

And benches inside on three sides for more people to use while waiting. On weekend nights all these seats are filled........


The meal starts off with a basket of hushpuppies and sweet tea (the house wine of the South).



And then they bring the meal. We selected shrimp.......... with fries and coleslaw.....


I got home to discover that Rebekah had driven all the way from Lillington to bring my Mothers Day gift. She and Robert are not going to be able to see us Sunday and she wanted to make sure she got a chance to give me a Mother's Day hug................


And an Edible arragnement with some lovely balloons..............


Such a wonderful day................ Now we can see what tomorrow will bring.................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10