Monday, May 23, 2011

I Haven't Been Idle

I wanted to make some pincushions for the Guild to give as gifts to visitors. I selected the Bicornu pincushion. I went to Quiltsalott for the tutorial.........

I used a charm pack for the fabric......Just needed to trim a 1/2 inch from each piece. I tried making some without trimming but as the instructions said, "Smaller is better"


All stuffed and ready for buttons............


I managed to locate my bag of buttons........ At one time they were in a lamp but I left the lamp in Massachusetts and just brought the buttons.......


Fourteen of these lovely little pincushions........



I also finished the two Vintage pincushions that I was making for Rebekah and I...........Well not quite.......... They need to be hot glued to the base but I don't know where the glue gun is right now. That is such an easy thing that I am counting it as a finish...........


I got April and May Thangles BOM's made..........



I also have the finishing fabric pack from Emma's Quilt Cupboard. I might just get it cut out and ready for the day when all the blocks are done.......... There will be some kind of border on each block and I could get them ready for assembly...........


I got the center done for the Guild Care Quilt. I haven't found any fabric that I like for the next border yet............( you can see the February and March Thangles blocks in this picture)


And to make the weekend complete, Jason stopped by with Kim and Samuel and Amanda. Lem is in the center with Wade Hamilton......... And he is hiding.........


This darling boy.....................Yes he does smile a lot but he is also a serious fellow just like his dad.....








4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan... WOW!!! The pincusions must be easy to put together... So, many finished... Good for you.. The pincusion for you and your daughter is unique... Where do you get spools? Yet, another project on the table... Your great gracdson is sooo cute... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy as a bee! And all those biscornus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have been keeping your fingers busy - love the look of all those pincushions together :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness you've been busy! That baby sure is cute, such a fun expression. Sounds like you're enjoying your new life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10