Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Already?

I don't really know exactly where this week disappeared to............

I thought that when I retired I would have lots of time....... That sure was wrong...... I have so much less time than before but I am enjoying myself much more. It just takes me longer to get things done........

Monday was WALMART day.......... Not living near a Walmart for 20 years had turned me into a Walmart junkie......... I enjoy going there as much as my husband does not.......

This was my find this week......... A bamboo cutlery tray. I will put it in the studio to hold the accessories for The Duchess........


Then off to the excitement of a mammogram.... And since May is Mammogram month at Eastern Radiology they gave me this lovely cup. I will enjoy this because I drink cranberry juice and club soda all day long and this glass does not sweat as much...........


I finished the Biscornu Pincushion.............. Now to make more for the guild. This morning I pulled out a charm pack that I bought on sale in January........Sorted them into pincushion pieces and today I can start that project...... It should not take too long.


Wednesday was Guild............. Someone brought the quilt that the Greenville Guild is making for their raffle quilt........... It is so much lovelier in person.....


This is a close up on fone of the blocks...........And it is all hand quilted........



It was also the day to turn in the bags that were made for the Red Cross....... This is such a giving group. The last two meetings have been used to coordinate the making of care quilts using the blocks and fabric and batting donated to the Guild.


I took home 12 string blocks with two yards of green fabric for the backing. I used the green fabric for sashing instead and ordered some fabric for another border and backing. It should arrive today or tomorrow. When it does I have the center section all ready. I hope to get it finished within the next several weeks........


I met with the Lunch Bunch........ A group of girls I went to high school with. They meet every Wednesday for lunch......... It was such fun. I did not take pictures because some of them are camera shy.... and it was my first day with the group...... Maybe next week I can get a few shots.

One of the girls teaches painting furniture........... Yes, I did sign up for a class.... Upon arriving home I unearthed this table to be painted.......... I think I will do a penny rug design on top. I am thinking of painting a floor cloth for the family room of the new house.......... This will be good practise...................












4 comments:

  1. I can see your Strawberry Fields in progress back yonder! I am using a plastic cutlery holder for the little economy patch blocks and strips of fabric needed for SF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan... Yes, even when you are retired, time does go by fast... What great finds and I just love the small quilt guild that is do giving... Can't waite to see the table finished... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohwow...really, the time goes by too fast once retired? I am so looking forward to that time...and it's not that far off. All that you're doing...the painting, the floor cloth, the quilting...much fun! I can't wait until I have the time to join a guild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your finished table. I love wooden furniture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10