Friday, May 06, 2011

Another Day on the Road

The original plan was to have Thursday be an AT HOME day. Otherwise things just don't get done around here.........

Instead, Jason called to say he was going to be working on the house in Ft. Barnwell and he wanted me to see the floor there. He came by and we followed him out there. A good thing too because it was way out in the country.

The floors are #2 Red Oak................ Of course this picture is the floor unfinished and it will be so much prettier after it is finished. It has wormwood holes and knots and character....... Just my kind of thing.... So that is another decision made........

This is the house the floors are going in.


It is being built by the same contractor that we selected..........


And of course I had to get a picture of the cornfield as it is just coming up.........

This area is near the Neuse River so this family is prepared for flooding..........




This looks like a yard that would take a few days to mow........


Or this one...........


And this one........... I know that I would like less yard to maintain...............


When we got home I mixed up a cake mix. I used two 6 cup bundt pans instead of one 12 cup pan. That meant I had one cake to give to Kim when she stopped by this afternoon.



And I gave her a loaf of bread too...................

It was really a lovely day. Who knows I might even get to sew one of these days.......VBG

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan... WOW!!!! You sure have been busy... I can't belive you alredy found a guild to join... Good for you... I am amaze all the things you have been doing since you got to NC.... What a lovely suprise when you got home... Have a lovely Mother's Day... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a very nice Mother's Day. You've surely been busy; I hope by now you're feeling a bit settled. I guess you must be if you're already in a Guild. I've also been admiring all the blue skies in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty homes and I too like that flooring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,
    Please send me your email address..thought I had it...need to put it in the guild adresses...
    Kathy

    kdduke@centurylink.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10