Saturday, January 08, 2011

Whew.... That's Done

I haven't been near the computer for a week now.

This past week did not go at all as planned................

I was supposed to work everyday and get the product unpacked and organized and get the office set up again.

All would have worked well if VERIZON had done their job correctly. If you or a member of your family works for Verizon I am sure they are among the 5 percent that I spoke with that were capable and courteous................. No rave reviews on the rest of them however..........

Monday I started unpacking. The phone seemed to work and I got quite a bit done. About lunch time I checked to see if the recording that VERIZON had promised (and that I would be charged for) was actually working.............. No it was not. I called VERIZON and was told that they would fix it............... By end of business that day........... Remember this was supposed to have been done the Thursday before but I suppose they had a problem.

Tuesday when I got to work I continued my organizing efforts. After all the Tim with Cape Cod Computer could not get there till Thursday morning to set up the computer network. I planned to spend my time getting everything ready to go by the time he arrived.

Lem called me on my cell phone to tell me that the office phone was not working. I could call out but it would not receive calls. Once more I called VERIZON.............. It takes about 20 minutes to get to a live person and their hold music is abysmal at best.......... Oh yes she says.......... They can get that fixed by end of business................

Wednesday........ I printed the orders that I had received and went to work. Thought I could at least get them packaged up and ready. Then when the credit card machine went in I could run the charges and get them in the mail............... Would you believe that I still did not have a correctly working phone? Once more I call VERIZON.................Well, I am told, they have checked their system and it must be inside the office. They charge for that you know.... Fine I tell him..... I need this to work so send someone to get it fixed. Well they were too busy on Wednesday but could be there on Thursday............ Fine.........Just get it done. I really wanted all of the phone problems solved before Tim showed up so his work could go seamlessly.

Tim arrived on time Thursday morning. VERIZON showed up about an hour later to fix the problem that must be inside.........After all they had checked their system.

Hmmm..... 30 minutes later he comes back to announce that it is not inside after all........Surprise... He will begin to backtrack and find the problem and fix it. Should not take more than one hour............ Would you believe he calls me 3 hours later to tell me that it is a bad card in the Brewster office and the only person that can fix it is on break but she can get it fixed by .............. Yes, you guessed it...........End of business today................

Tim finished his work and we both hoped that when VERIZON got their problems solved I could get things accomplished................... This was not to be............ Tim had to come again on Friday to get the DSL line to work correctly........... It was not till after 3:00 that we finally got the internet working................

All of the added problems were tiring. I came home every day too weary to even think much less come upstairs and play.........

Today I am catching up on my Blog friends and getting some much needed rest......... Maybe I can get something finished later to show you.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan... Sounds like you deserved the R&R... What an ordeal with Verison... Put your feet up and have a cup of tea and something sweet... Take care and relax... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate these kinds of problems! I'm sure you are glad to have it all working now. I too hate being put on hold - lately if I have to be put on hold, I put it on speaker phone - at least then I can get down with something while waiting for the call to be finished.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my sympathies... I hate when these things happen, and they all seem to happen at once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the joys of working with corporate America. DH and I get high blood pressure just speaking to a call director. You have my total sympathy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10